Found 8 entries in 0.115 seconds.
What kind of time frame will we look for, or will we see another book?
Time frame for another Sixth of the Dusk book? So, I outlined a pretty good novella, which was actually about Sixth, going into Shadesmar. It was pretty cool, but then I didn't have time to write it, so I can't make any promises.
So, there is one coming, maybe?
Maybe. There is an outline for another story, specifically about Sixth, because exploring Shadesmar would be a fun thing for him. But can't promise.
Potential Cosmere Stories List
Here are things that at one point I've had in the works, and probably someday plan to do, in the 'osmere:
- Dragonsteel/Liar of Partinel. (Hoid's origin story, to be written sometime after Stormlight is done.)
- Sixth of the Dusk sequel. (I had a pretty cool idea for this last year. Nothing more than that.)
- Untitled Silverlight novella. (What it says on the tin.)
- Threnody novel. (An expedition back to confront the Evil that destroyed the old world.)
- Aether of Night. (Still in the cosmere, and you can see the odd remnant of an Aether popping up here and there. Bound to be drastically different from the unpublished novel, which I allow the 17th Shard to give out to people who request it on their forums. Basically, the only thing from it that is canon is the magic system.)
- Silence Divine. (Disease magic novella set on Ashyn.)
Can I expect any more from Sixth of the Dusk?
Eventually. I have a second novella planned for him. I just have to slot it in at the right moment. We'll see if it happens.
Yeah, the Patji stuff [from the OB London signing]. I mean, I maybe didn't word it the right way, but it was all right. Like, people flipped out about the wording a little too much, I think.
I'm just surprised you offered it up.
Yeah, that's a good time to get me, because I will just start talking. But it might not be continuity... The Patji stuff-- I mean, the thing is, the chances that I get to write more Sixth of the Dusk are just so slim.
I thought you were gonna do a sequel?
I mean, I've got a sequel plotted, but I've got a sequel plotted to everything, right?
On First of The Sun, does Silverlight have a permanent outpost on the Cognitive side or is it still too dangerous to hang around?
Lastly, any cool tidbits about First of The Sun or its people would be awesome, worldhoppers or the like?
This is actually a RAFO too--it would be relevant if I write a sequel to Sixth of the Dusk. The opening sequence would involve an expedition into Shadesmar...
Updates on Minor Projects
Potential Cosmere Stories
Keep the following on your radar, as they may happen someday. However, as I'll be knee-deep in Stormlight in 2019, don't expect anything to happen on any of them until it is done. The list includes: Dragonsteel/Liar of Partinel, Sixth of the Dusk sequel, Silverlight novella, Threnody novel, Aether of Night, Silence Divine.
Excited about a Sixth of the Dusk sequel someday!
Really hope I can find time for it. He goes to explore Shadesmar...
Asking about the new novella
I suppose I shouldn't be coy, as there aren't many stories this could be. Yes, it's a sequel to Sixth of the Dusk. I've spoken about wanting to do one.
Unfortunately, I only had time to get a little ways into it. I suspect I'll pick it back up on the flight to Spain in July. And if I don't finish it then, I have another long haul flight in October to visit France then Israel.
It's generally hard to do Stormlight on flights like that; the books are too intricate, and the distractions too multitudinous. But novellas tend to work, so we'll see if I can get this one done on these trips.